Advanced Telescope Systems permanent piers meet the exacting requirements of a solid, permanent base for your observing platform while being fully adjustable for precision north polar alignment.
- The pier contains no parts which will deteriorate when exposed to weather. All machined parts are constructed of high quality 6061 aluminum and powder paint treated for a durable and attractive finish. All bolts and screws are stainless steel.
- The pier tube is constructed from 0.250″ wall tubing for all sizes. The Thicker wall insures reduced vibration and increased stability in the tube assembly.
- The base plate is 1.0″ thick aluminum with three (3) slotted holes for securing the pier to the mounting bolts. The base plate is heliarc welded to the upright tube to a rigid connection to the tube assembly.
- Three aluminum side struts are welded between the pier tube and the base plate to eliminate side flexure of the tube assembly under heavy or off-center loads.
- The pier assembly is attached using three 3/4″ stainless bolts, provided by ATS with pier purchase. A wooden bolt pattern is provided to facilitate correct bolt alignment to the pier base and improve north polar positioning of the installed pier.
- Custom pier heights are available to insure correct positioning of the eyepiece to the customer’s exact requirements. Custom pier height orders are available as special orders.
- Pier adapters are machined from aluminum plate and are designed to provide a rigid connection in the critical junction between the pier and equatorial assembly. Available adapters include Meade, Celestron, Losmandy, Paramount, Astro-Physics and other mount manufacturers.
- Custom adapters are available upon request. Pier adapters are not included in the pier pricing.
- Clear overcoating is recommended on all permanent piers.
This pier has a diameter of 8 inches. Please choose any of the following height variations from the list.