The HAZ46 mount offers a game-changing astronomy experience, thanks to its cutting-edge strain wave gear technology. Unlike standard worm gear mounts, this compact and lightweight mount provides superior weight to payload efficiency and eliminates the need for cumbersome counterweights or shafts. With a mount head weighing just 12.3 lbs and a payload capacity of 46 lbs, the HAZ46 supports a wide range of instruments for outreach programs and satellite tracking.
Its multi-position saddle, which can be placed on top or to the side, makes it easy to accommodate binoculars, and its black anodized, CNC machined metal body is both stylish and durable. The electronic friction brake on both the ALT and AZI allows for safe stopping, and the “Lever and Go” technology makes it simple to calibrate and GoTo the first target.
The HAZ46 mount can be controlled through a variety of platforms, including Windows PCs with ASCOM/Commander, MacOS software with a third-party INDI driver, smartphones or tablets with iOptron Commander Lite or SkySafari, and even Raspberry Pi devices with INDI driver. Whether you’re a seasoned astronomer or just starting out, the HAZ46 mount is the perfect choice for an unparalleled astronomy experience.
- Advanced strain wave gear system technology
- Payload capacity of 20 kg (44 lbs) with the mount weight of 5.6 kg (12.3 lbs, include dovetail saddle)
- CNC machined
- Unique friction brake on both AZI and ALT to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
- Go2Nova® hand controller with ~212,000 object database
- Dual saddle (Vixen and Losmandy-D styles)
- Level & Go
- Large binocular mounting
- Satellite tracking ready (with third party software)
- Built in zero position search and locator
- Built-in Wi-Fi (via hand controller)
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Carrying case
- Two year warranty